Sunday, January 22, 2006


Amy swearing her oath before Helen :
I hereby undertake not to remove from the Library, nor to mark, deface, or injure in any way, any volume, document or other object belonging to it or in its custody; not to bring into the Library, or kindle therein, any fire or flame, and not to smoke in the Library; and I promise to obey all rules of the Library.
This semester, we have the privilege of being readers at the Bodleian Library, a revered and fairly exclusive institution -- chances are good that this is the only time in my life that I will be allowed in the reading rooms of the Library, which are off-limits to the public.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hereby undertake not to feel jealous of Lauren, nor to envy, resent, or guilt-trip in any way, any sister, sibling or other relative to myself or in my family; not to fly to see Lauren, or travel by ship, anytime this month or next, and not to come in March either; and I promise to show up in April.

Okay so it's a bit rocky, but it's the best I could do.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you now have entered one of the world's most important libraries which has other parts also located at Oxford.

Truly a remarkable experience which will stay with you for life.

All love,

G & G

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,

the pictures are wonderful, so happy for you. Can't wait to talk to you when you get back; enjoy your time there for BOTH of us!!

love and blessings - Bev

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,

I don't think this would work with our customers (unfortunately).

Auntie Anne