Tuesday, May 22, 2007

but when they do, they're inseparable

My sister came home with us yesterday. She was going to spend the summer living and working in "rural Ottawa", but she (or we? my mother and me?) changed her mind (sacrificed grammar for rhyme there). Anyway, we went to my aunt's cottage for the weekend, and found out while we were there that Krissy was coming back with us.

My sister is probably my best friend. She's been with me through everything. Our personalities are almost opposite, and we can be really hard on each other, but there is no one who knows me better. We share interests, memories, pain, and love. And you know, I wouldn't have thought it possible, but at two a.m. last night, we had what was maybe the most honest conversation we've ever had. And we generally don't hold back. I'm looking forward to growing with her this summer.




2 comments:

Jerry said...

That was a fitting tribute. I hope summer proves excellent for you both. :)

Unknown said...

I'm reading you, because I miss you. Haven't heard from you in a few weeks. I think I was wearing your sweater in that picture.