Thursday, December 29, 2005

Have I Found My Calling?

We went to visit my mom’s side of family in Ottawa this Christmas, and my cousin Samantha told me she dreams about me [how flattering!]. Well, actually, she had one specific dream about me. Here it is:

She was with her boyfriend and her brother, driving Highway 7 to Peterborough, but in her dream, Highway 7 was completely straight and lined with tall cliffs. Waterfalls poured over the cliffs into moats on either side of the road. All of a sudden, she looked up to the top of the falls and saw. . . me[!], wearing a bathing suit with a huge cross on the front, and with a gang of followers. I leapt off a cliff into the moat, my followers did the same, and, apparently, I swam out to talk to her.

“What,” she asked, “are you doing?”

My reply? “Cliff jumping for Jesus!”

Is this dream prophetic?

4 comments:

LStew said...

prophetess.

Stevie B said...

You are not dissuaded by large obstacles, and "cliff jump" as a result, not letting the mountains get in your way or make you nervous.

Likewise, where people see only "moats" and ditches on the site of the road, you are the person who just jumps in or over them. Not bound by the "ditch on either side of the road" as they say--but you are a balanced person.

Likewise, the water represents some kind of purity and cleansing.

That's the impression I was given by reading it.

Lauren said...

You know, my cousin just told me about this dream because she thought it was a funny story, but I do think God was using her. It has provoked a lot of thought. I have been considering quite a bit in the last few months the way God speaks through dreams. . .

Anonymous said...

You know you are not responsible for what you do in other people's dreams. However, I do believe God does speak occasionally through dreams - I just can so rarely remembert them.

Dad