Sunday, April 01, 2007

next of kind...

I received a strange email the other day. This obscure business proposal could be the chance of a lifetime! But I don't know if I should go for it. . . what do you think?


It says:

"Reply

"I am Mr.Lee Raymond Wing Hung, Chief Financial Officer, Bank of China, Tower Branch,Hong Kong. I have an obscure business proposal for you.Before the U.S and Iraqi war, our client Aajel Jaber Hassef a Merchant made a fixed deposit of 24.5mUSD,for 18months,in my branch.Upon maturity several notices were sent to him,during and after the war which began in 2003.We later found out that my client, his wife and two sons had been killed during the war. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country, at the expiration of 4yrs the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government,if nobody applies to claim it.I will like you,as a foreigner,to stand as next of kind,so that we can receive his funds.

"Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

"Kind Regards,

"LEE."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LAUREN! I can't believe you missed out on this 24.5 million dollar opportunity! We could all be in greener pastures right now if it weren't for your cynicism of a message that is clearly sent from above!