Wednesday, April 25, 2007

serenity sets in

I'll try to make this as verbose as possible.

As of 6:15 pm today, I am quite sure that I will, after all, be graduating from Redeemer on May 26th (God willing, as ever). This has been a very real doubt for most of the past semester, eating away at my soul, as I saw seven prior semesters of hard work being brought to naught.

I had a really good talk with the Lord, about whether or not I would graduate, at 3:30 am on Monday morning when I was walking home from Tim Hortons (where I had just written out an essay by hand). I told Him that I felt that I had learned what I was supposed to from the struggles of this semester. I told him that I didn't see what point there was to my failing a course and having to go back to school, but that if that was what He wanted, I would try to reconcile myself to it. Then I left it in His hands as best I could.

But I guess He saw fit to let me pass. Apparently, professors, bless them, don't deduct as many late marks as they claim they will (read: they rarely deduct any), at least, not from students in the second semester of their fourth year.

So, all that I have left to do, course-wise, is one last (overdue) paper. I am really enjoying the process, although my current state of relieved euphoria is making it harder to focus on the work.

A summer of joy is already shining before my bloodshot eyes, dazzling and yet refreshing
them with the peaceful delights it might hold.

This summer? I think I may:

  • enjoy the bliss of being a university graduate
  • stay up late or wake up early or both
  • lie in the sun
  • daydream and spin unrealistic dream-webs
  • enjoy created beauty
  • go camping
  • and swimming
  • and canoeing
  • write poetry or maybe my memoirs
  • talk to God and listen for an answer
  • read lots of the books I've been meaning to
  • volunteer
  • play with my little brothers
  • help my aunt and uncle renovate their new cottage
  • hang out with my mother
  • visit friends far and near
  • be Heather's bridesmaid
  • and then Amber's maid of honour
  • and a guest at some other weddings
  • apply for jobs for the fall
  • let my spirit rest

That's just what occurs to me off the top of my head.

Because, to be honest, I really don't know. Isn't that lovely?

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Lovely.

Natalie Frisk said...

Besides the bridesmaids/wedding crap, I'm in for all the things that you are committed to this summer!